Central Receiving Facility
Location/Directions and Contact Information
Kern County Sheriff's Office | 1415 Truxtun Ave. Bakersfield, CA 93301 | (661) 868-6850
Parking Directions: Parking Directions: Enter off L Street, south of Truxtun. On the weekends the public may park in the employee parking just south of the facility. During the week you must find a public parking spot near the Central Receiving Facility. Some of these areas have time limits and are monitored and tickets will be issued if you go over the time limits.
The Central Receiving Facility is the facility where inmates are received. Inmates are generally held in this facility pending their release or first Court appearance. If the inmate will be in custody past their first Court appearance, the inmate is generally transferred to one of the Facilities at the Lerdo Complex.
At the Central Receiving Facility, the general public may:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Inmate's Name and Booking Number
Kern County Sheriff's Department - Jail
PO Box 2208
Bakersfield, CA 93303-2208
Facility Rules (Effective February 9, 2015)
1. Receiving Money: The jail facilities no longer accept money (money orders, cashier's checks, cash, etc.) at the window or through the mail. You may deposit money to the inmate's account via one of the following ways:
- Our online website: www.accesscorrections.com
- By Phone at 1-866-345-1884 to speak to a live, bilingual agent.
By the lobby kiosk located at:
CRF, 2nd floor - 1415 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield CA 93301
Work Release - 1415 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield CA 93301
Lerdo Facility - Max-Med - 17645 Industrial Farm Rd., Bakersfield CA 93308
2. Releasing Inmate Money and/or Property:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesdays 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Inmates may release their money and property to any out of custody person, if the person possesses a U.S. government or U.S. State government issued picture identification.
- Money or personal property may be released completely or partially at any time of the day or night with the inmate’s approval. The shift supervisor may postpone a release if the release will interfere with court pulls, meal passes or sick call.
3. Mail Rules - Rules for mail coming into the facility are as follows:
- Effective June 1, 2018, Inmates housed in KCSO Detentions Facilities will no longer be allowed to receive greeting cards through the mail. This restriction is being implemented for the safety and security of the facilities.
- All mail is inspected for contraband when it is received.
- No photographs, pictures or photocopies of photos will be accepted.
- Books and magazines will only be permitted if they are sent to the inmate directly from the publisher.
- The inmate is not allowed to receive any unused envelopes, stamps, or paper in the mail.
- Letters and envelopes must be free from any white out, lipstick marks, address labels, or stickers of any kind. No large cards, musical cards, cards with glitter or other items attached will be allowed.
- Money orders, cashier's checks, personal checks, cash, etc., sent to an inmate through the mail are no longer accepted and will be returned to the sender.
Visiting Rules and Hours
Visits are recorded and may be monitored for the safety and security of the facility.
1. Proper identification is required of all visitors to the Central Receiving Facility. Acceptable identification:
- Valid non-expired Driver’s license with photo from any State
- Identification with photo from any State
- Any other County or State identification with a photo
- Any U.S. Government-issued photo identification
- Photo passport
2. The visiting week will reset each Monday.
3. Number of visits allowed:
- All inmates are allowed a maximum of two (2) thirty-minute visits per week
- Inmate Laborers are allowed a maximum of three (3) thirty-minute visits per week
NOTHING is allowed in the visiting area (purse, stroller, phones, etc) except photo ID, (1) baby bottle, (1) baby diaper, keys. All other items should be left in your vehicle, there is no safe storage area available for prohibited items.
|Elegible Inmates||Days of Week||Time of Day|
|Last Name A - M||Saturday||11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Last Name N - Z||Sunday||11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|